Children's Participation Hub Database
A database of practice and research publications on children and young people's participation in decision-making
The National Strategy on Children and Young People's Participation in Decision-making (2015-2020), commits to the establishment of a Children and Young People's Participation Hub by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
The Hub will become the national centre for excellence on children and young people's participation in decision-making and will be fully functioning by the end of 2016.
The Hub will support implementation of the strategy through the provision of information, training and advice for Government departments and agencies and the non-statutory sector.
This database of publications on children and young people's participation is the first stage of development of the Hub. The database includes a wide range of national and international practice and research publications and articles, including good-practice guides on how to engage children and young people in decision-making.
Using the Database
To search the database, enter a key word in the search bar. An alphabetic list of relevant resources will be generated, providing the following information for each item:
- The title, author, publisher and date of publication of the resource;
- The geographic coverage of the material (e.g. International, European, Irish)
- A description of the type of document which accurately describes the resource (e.g. a legal or policy instrument, practical guide or academic publication)
- The sector/setting to which the resource applies (e.g. education, asylum or immigration, health);
- Relevant of resource to children generally or to children in vulnerable circumstances (e.g. migrant children or children with disabilities)
- Indication of whether the resource has been developed with children and young people, and if yes, the type of participation applicable
- Indication of the availability of resource in the drop-down menu (open or restricted access)
- A link to the resource
- A brief description of the content of the resource
Ongoing development and feedback
The search facility of the database will be further developed in the coming months and additional publications and resources will be added as they become available. If you have feedback on the database, or are aware of any relevant practice guides, research publications or articles that could be included, please email the details to email@example.com, with the subject line Children's Participation Hub Database
While every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of information included in the Children's Participation Hub Database, the DCYA is not responsible for any omissions, inaccuracies or changes in content of the publications, articles or practice guides. Inclusion of material in this database should not be interpreted as an endorsement of either the authors or of their work.