Quarterly newsletter of the Centre for Early Childhood Development & Education, St Patrick’s College, Drumcondra.
- Child Indicator newsletter from Child Trends
Communicates major developments within each sector of the child and youth indicators field. Each issue includes articles on projects and programs using child and youth indicators at the national, state, and community levels, with occasional reports on international projects. Full text online. From the US Child Trends research organisation.
- Child Care in Practice DCYA access only
- Child Care in Practice is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal that provides an international forum for professionals working in all disciplines in the provision of children's services, from social care to health care, medicine to psychology, education, the police and probationary services, to solicitors and barristers.
Children Youth and Environments
Refereed publication which aims to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and stimulate discussion in support of inclusive and sustainable environments for children and youth everywhere. Focus on the physical environment and the impact on children. Some full text. From the University of Colorado
- Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood
Refereed, international research journal. Provides a forum for researchers and professionals who are exploring new and alternative perspectives in their work with young children (from birth to eight years of age) and their families. Subscription required online only.
- Early Childhood Research and Practice ECRP
A peer-reviewed electronic journal sponsored by the Early Childhood and Parenting (ECAP) Collaborative at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, covers topics related to the development, care, and education of children from birth to approximately age 8. Emphasizes articles reporting on practice-related research and development, and on issues related to practice, parent participation, and policy. Articles free to download.
- Economic and Social Review
Many papers online 1999-current. No index.
- Family Matters Research Journal of the Australian Institute for Family Affairs
All articles from 1990 onwards are available online except for the current subscription year.
- The Future of Children
A publication of The Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University and The Brookings Institution. Each issue of the journal addresses a single topic and ranges from childhood obesity to children and computer technology to financing child care. Articles free to download.
- The Social Work and Society online magazine (Socmag) A free access online only magazine that aims at establishing a political and socially critical information platform for international news in the realm of all professional fields of social services as well as social movements and NGOs. It offers a broad presentation of news, social reports, essays, country notes and commentaries referring to contemporary and controversial debates.
- Zero to Three
Register with the site to receive the newsletter.