- Mission Statement of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- High-level Objectives of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Values of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Important Organisational Documents
Statement of Strategy 2015-2017 - Call for Submissions
To lead the effort to improve the outcomes for children and young people in Ireland.
- Develop, strengthen and align policies, legislation and resources in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people and provide support for parents and families.
- Monitor and evaluate performance through strong governance and accountability systems in respect of the responsibilities of the Department and its agencies.
- Support the Department and key stakeholders in accessing better evidence and facilitating the active participation of children and young people in decisions that affect their individual and collective lives.
- Improve systems for supporting families, safeguarding and protecting children, providing alternative care and assisting those young people whose behaviour poses a risk to themselves or others.
- Support children and young people so that they can fully engage in active learning, including through the provision of high-quality early childhood care and education, youth services and addressing issues of school attendance and participation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including across Government, in monitoring and promoting the physical, emotional and economic well-being of children and young people and reducing inequalities.
- Be recognised as an organisation where, on an ongoing basis, high performance is achieved and personal development is supported.
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs will:
- As the basis for excellent performance, value our staff and create an environment where they learn, develop and contribute to the goals of the organisation to the very best of their abilities.
- Be child- and youth-centered, with children, young people and families at the heart of its work. Childhood and youth will be respected and valued as important life stages.
- Place outcomes for children and young people in Ireland at the centre of policy and service delivery, informed by evidence.
- Support prevention and early intervention approaches that help children, young people and their families realise their true potential.
- Collaborate and innovate across the organisation and with other departments, agencies and sectors to improve outcomes for children and young people, particularly those who are most vulnerable.
- Be individually and collectively accountable, open to change, customer-focused and respectful in our dealings with the public and work colleagues.
- We will seek to demonstrate these values to the public and work colleagues in all that we do.