National Youth Council of Ireland
NYCI is a membership-led umbrella organisation that represents and supports the interests of voluntary youth organisations and uses its collective experience to act on issues that impact on young people.
They do this by:
- Representing the shared interests of voluntary youth organisations;
- Advocating on issues that impact on the lives of young people;
- Promoting the development of evidence informed high quality specialist youth work practice.
- Capacity building and professional development.
Gaisce: The President’s Award
This is a self-development programme that encourages you to find your passion, get active and make a difference in your community! Gaisce is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland to young people aged 15-25 to dream big and realise their potential.
The Youth Affairs Unit attends Council Working Group, Youth Congress, and Director General meetings.
The Romanian Presidency will prioritise the following four areas:
- Europe of convergence
- A safer Europe
- Europe as a stronger global actor
- Europe of common values
Website link: https://www.romania2019.eu/home/