Department of Children and Youth Affairs Strategy
- Mission Statement of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Vision of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Strategic Objectives of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Values of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Public Sector Duty
- Important Organisational Documents
- DCYA Risk Management Policy June 2017
Mission Statement of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
To lead the effort to improve the outcomes for children and young people in Ireland.
Vision of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
Our Vision is for Ireland to be one of the best small countries in the world in which
to grow up and raise a family.
- where the rights of all children and young people are respected, protected and fulfilled;
- where their voices are heard ; and
- where they are supported to realise their maximum potential now and in the future.
Strategic Objectives of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Better Outcomes Brighter Futures is implemented;
- High quality early years care and education is accessible and affordable;
- Child welfare and protection systems are effective and responsive;
- Evidence-based policy is promoted and supported, and children and young people participate in decisions that affect their lives;
- High standards of compliance on governance and accountability are supported and enforced;and
- Performance is improved through the effective alignment of resources.
Values, Behaviours and Culture of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
We place children, young people and families at the heart of our work, aiming for better outcomes as the centre of policy development and service delivery.
In doing this we:
- value our staff and create an environment where they learn, develop and contribute to the goals of the organisation;
- place outcomes for children and young people at the centre of policy and service delivery, informed by evidence;
- support prevention and early intervention approaches;
- seek to innovate and collaborate with other departments, agencies and sectors;
- are accountable, open to change, customer-focused and respectful in our dealings with the public and work colleagues; and
- recognise the positive duty to ensure a human rights and equality approach to our work.
Public Sector Duty
The Department acknowledges the positive duty imposed on it by section 42 of the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014 to have regard to human rights and equality in the performance of its functions.
Our work embodies proactive consideration of the rights of children and young people in the development of policy and legislation. Examples of this include the Children’s Rights Referendum, the Access and Inclusion Model for children with disabilities to avail of pre-school services, and the LGBT Youth Strategy.
We are committed to completing a full assessment of the human rights and equality issues relevant to our functions. Future reporting on this matter will take place as part of the Department’s Annual Report arrangements.
Important Organisational Documents
- Governance Framework
- Framework of Assignments
- Briefing for Minister - June 2017
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Risk Management Policy
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Statement of Strategy 2016 - 2019 / Ráiteas Stratéise 2016-2019
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Statement of Strategy 2015 - 2017 / Ráiteas Stratéise 2015-2017
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Statement of Strategy 2011 - 2014/ Ráiteas Stratéise 2011-2014
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Customer Charter/ DCYA Cairt do Chustaiméirí
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Quality Customer Services Survey
- An Roinn Leanaí agus Gnóthaí Óige Suirbhé ar Sheirbhísí Custaiméara d’Ardchaighdeán
- Transfer of Functions Order for DCYA
Minutes of Management Board Meetings
- DCYA Annual Report 2018 / DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2018
- DCYA Annual Report 2017 / DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2017
- DCYA Annual Report 2016 / DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2016
- DCYA Annual Report 2015 / DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2015
- DCYA Annual Report 2014 / DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2014
- DCYA Annual Report 2013 / DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2013
- DCYA Annual Report 2012/ DCYA Turascáil Bhliantúil 2012