The role of the statistics function in DCYA is to provide data and statistical support to aid planning, monitoring and policy formation. This includes the collation of data from a diversity of sources to create a comprehensive record of indicators on the subject of children and young people’s well-being in Ireland.
Key outputs include:
- The biennial publication of the ‘State of the Nation’s Children’.
- The development of an Indicator set to support Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures (Report on the Indicator Set for Better Outcomes Brighter Future).
- The provision of both aggregate and disaggregated data for the BOBF indicator set.
- The development of the DCYA statistical database. The database will serve as a central location for users to access data relevant to the well-being of children and young people. For additional details see here.
- One-off focused analysis of topical issues relating to children and young people’s well-being provided by the ‘Statistical Spotlight Series’.