Youth Service Grant Scheme
Funding for the support of voluntary youth work is made available on an annual basis to national and major regional voluntary youth organisations through the Youth Service Grant Scheme. The continued funding of voluntary youth organisations through the Scheme is intended to ensure the emergence, promotion, growth and development of youth organisations with distinctive philosophies and programmes aimed at the social education of young people. The work of these organisations is based on the following philosophy:
- It is educational in design and objective.
- It is concerned with the personal, social, recreational, cultural and spiritual development of young people.
- It rests upon the concept and practice of voluntary adult involvement with and for young people.
- It promotes the concept and practice of youth participation in the programme and life of the organisation.
- It serves local communities and society in general.
- It promotes co-operation among youth and youth work organisations.
- It seeks to respond to the real needs of youth.
This Scheme is administered directly by the Youth Affairs Unit of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
Due to budgetary constraints and in an effort to consolidate and preserve existing provision where possible, new applications for admittance to this funding scheme will not be accepted. The available resources will be directed at funded organisations.