Tusla, the Child and Family Agency, was established with effect from 1 January, 2014. The Agency has responsibility for a range of services, including:
• Child welfare and protection services, including family support services previously delivered by the Health Service Executive,
• Services provided by the former Family Support Agency and the National Educational Welfare Board,
• Pre-school Inspection services,
• Domestic, sexual and gender-based violence services,
• Community-based services related to the psychological welfare of children and families.
The establishment of the Agency brought together nearly 4,000 staff from the three agencies.
Press Release issued on behalf of the newly established Child and Family Agency (1st January, 2014)
Press Release as Minister Fitzgerald T.D. welcomes the establishment of the Child and Family Agency (31st December, 2013)
Governance and Performance
Tusla formally reports on its activities and functions on an annual basis through its:
• Annual Report, and
• Annual Financial Statements.
Both of these documents are published on Tusla’s website, www.tusla.ie.